Developper / systems administrator
- Born February 19th, 1981 in Saint-Étienne (Loire, France)
- French nationality; in a civil partnership; two children.
- Current location: Saint-Lambert-La-Potherie, France.
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org (PGP key)
Business Applications Engineer
Institut Agro Rennes Angers - Déc. 2017 - Now
Development of specific IT software, development of interfaces between various applications or infrastructure elements, reverse engineering of vendor software for interoperability and diagnosis, systems administration, deployment/configuration automation, business application administration.
I served as the tech lead for our in-house identity management software project, which retrieves and consolidates identities from various sources, handles the IT account lifecycle, and feeds personal information and IT accounts into various other systems and applications.
Developer / operator
Freelance - Sep. 2009 - Nov. 2017
Development of laboratory instrument synchronisation software, development of various web-scraping scripts, installation and maintenance of Drupal- and WordPress-based sites, web and e-mail hosting, server installation, PC repair. Teaching (introduction to IT, introduction to programming).
INSERM IFR66 - Oct. 2008 - Jun. 2009
Development of a LIMS for a screening platform, connecting various computers to the network, network security audit, computer hardware assistance and advice, software assistance (both installation and use), assistance with the development of IFR66's web site, advice and deployment of specific software solutions, development of data processing programs.
DHASIL non-profit - Apr. 2003 - Aug. 2007
Organisation management; preparing quotations; conception and implementation of dynamic web sites for the organisation's customers; conception, implementation and day-to-day maintenance of the organisation's network ; interventions on the customer's computers and networks.
Neptune Internet Services - Oct. 2000 - Apr. 2003
Development of a management system for internet access points: Debian-based custom Linux distribution, access control software, client/server software to collect accounting data, hotline for the access points' users. Web site programming for Neptune's customers as well as internal tools. Occasional contributions to the company's system administration for specific software or services.
Neptune Internet Services - Sep. 1998 - Sep. 2000
Helping Neptune's on-site customers at Neptune's internet access point. Mostly in the evenings, paid in kind (free, unlimited access to the internet).
2006 - 2012
Conception and development of the game ; server preparation and configuration ; day-to-day administration of both the server and the game.
The source code of LegacyWorlds Beta 5 has been published.
2008 - 2011
Contributions to various parts of the game's code (server, Linux-specific code, console improvements, TrueType support, built-in IRC client); help with debugging and Autotools migration.
Graphics programming courses
1997 - 1998
Writing and teaching graphics programming courses (DOS, Turbo Pascal) for "terminale" (last year of high school) and "classes préparatoires" volunteers.
- Operating systems: CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Devuan, Microsoft Windows, Oracle Linux
- Markup languages: CSS, HTML, LaTeX, Markdown, rST
- Services and applications: Apache, BigBlueButton, Bind, CAS, Centreon, FRR, Ceph, GlusterFS, GrayLog, HAproxy, Icinga, Jitsi, keepalived, OpenLDAP, Nagios, net-snmp, Nginx, RabbitMQ, Rundeck, Rocket.Chat, Solr, SSH, Tomcat, WebObjects.
- Databases: ElasticSearch, Lightning DB, Mongodb, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Redis, SQLite.
- Tools: Ansible, CVS, Docker, Eclipse, git, GNU Autotools, Gradle, Kubernetes, lex, libvirt, make, Maven, Proxmox, SubVersion, tcpdump, tmux, tox, Vagrant, vCenter, vim, VirtualBox, VSCode, yacc.
- General: documentation, project management, mentoring, reverse engineering.
- Languages: French, English, German.
I am mostly self-taught.
- 1999-2000: DEUG MIAS (dropped out)
- 1998-1999: IUT Informatique et Génie Logiciel (dropped out)
- 1998: French baccalauréat
- IT: I operate a set of systems (7 physical servers, around 40 VMs, 4 end-user systems, cable + wireless networking) for my use and my family's.
- Demoscene (and here are my contributions to it).
- LEGO: using models and without models, mostly on space / science-fiction themes.
- Music: bass guitar, electronic music. I'm quite fond of melodic death metal.